At DeWeese Design Salon, we love our customers and we look forward to seeing you regularly. However, during this unprecedented time in our country, we’re unable to service your needs as we usually would, and we know you’re getting concerned about how you’re going to look at the end of the lockdown. You might even start to feel like picking up the scissors or a box dye yourself during these long days of social distancing, and we’re here to tell you to put them right back down. Instead of finding substitutes for our great services, our team has put together a list of things you can do at home to keep your hair healthy and looking great without your usual cut and color.
1. Wash Your Hair LessSocial distancing is a great time to start extending the time you usually go between washes. Most hairstylists agree that your hair should only be washed between 1 to 3 times a week to allow the natural oils of your scalp to nourish your hair. Try using dry shampoo on days you don’t wash it, to give it a clean feel without washing away your natural oils. Or, experiment with up-dos if it starts to look greasy in some areas.
2. Turn Down the HeatAnother great way to protect your hair and keep it healthy during lockdown is by not using hot tools as frequently. The use of hot tools, such as a blow dryer, curling iron, or straightener, can cause a lot of damage. So, whenever possible, skip the hot tools and let your hair air dry or wear it up for the day.
3. Skip the Box Dye
We know, overgrown roots can make you feel messy and neglected. However, instead of trying to fix them yourself with a box dye, wait for us and instead try these tips to hide them.
- Change Your Part – Parting your hair in the same place can lead to that area getting flat and more prominent. Try flipping your part to the opposite side to create instant volume and make your roots less visible.
- Add Volume – Take a small section of hair from the crown of your head, hold it up straight, and comb the roots up and down for texture.
- Create Waves – Creating waves or soft curls is a great way of hiding roots. In fact, textured hair actually suits and looks better with roots which give it a beachy, bedhead look.
Your friends at DeWeese Design Salon of Indianapolis, IN, are so thankful for your loyalty and we will be here for you when this crisis is over. In the meantime, stay safe and stay healthy. When the salon reopens, contact us at (317) 271-8000, or visit our website for more information.