A wedding is arguably one of the most important days of your life, and as the bride with all eyes on you, you want to look perfect. It’s a reasonable concern, and we want to help you feel great about yourself! DeWeese Design Salon Inc. is here to offer advice about what to do and what not to do as you prepare for your wedding-day hair appointment.
- Trial appointment: Surprises on the morning of your wedding can be stressful, and how your hair looks shouldn’t be a surprise. Have a trial updo with your wedding-day hair stylist so that you and the stylist can both be confident with the plan for your wedding-day appointment.
- Bring pictures: You’ll need to give the stylist an idea of what you’re envisioning for your wedding hair. Speak up about what you want because you shouldn’t walk out of your appointment with regrets about not telling the stylist exactly what you are thinking.
- Trust your stylist: Remember that your stylist is a professional, and they’ll likely have great suggestions. Be open to their ideas too.
- Don’t expect your hair to look exactly like the picture: There are a number of factors when creating an updo, and if you don’t have the same type of hair as the model in the picture, it’s rare that your updo will look the same. Know that the picture is just to give your hairstylist a general guideline.
- Don’t leave your hair down in humid weather: No matter how much hairspray you use, your hair is not likely to be kept under control in the humidity.
- Don’t ignore your dress style: Certain dress styles lend themselves to different hair styles. Talk to your stylist if you’re having a hard time deciding what updo would look best with your dress.
DeWeese Design Salon is ready to make your wedding day perfect with a show-stopping updo. We always offer affordable prices, and we can even travel to your location on the wedding day if you can’t make it to our salon in Avon. Contact us today at (317) 271-8000 to discuss your wedding-day details and to book your consultation. We look forward to working with you!